- Fall Events – Mark your calendars for the following dates:
- 10/21, 9:00am, Men’s Breakfast at The Grove.
- 10/21, 9:30am, Women’s Brunch at DT’s Blue Ridge Java on Locust Street.
- 10/31, 6:00pm, Downtown Spruce Pine Trick-or-Treat (Please see note below).
**All of these events have been added to the calendar page on church center for you to easily find. https://thegrovesp.churchcenter.com/calendar?view=list
- If you would like an opportunity to serve others at The Grove, meal trains have been set up to bless the NICHOLS FAMILY as they settle in (https://mealtrain.com/qknre9), and the RAMSEY FAMILY as they welcome their new baby (https://mealtrain.com/vkk21z).
- Downtown Spruce Pine Trick-or-Treat- The elders of The Grove are in agreement that it is important for us to have a presence downtown on a night when so many in the community are out. It’s part of our commitment to being downtown, and we will need many volunteers. However, we are going to plan things a little differently this time.Outside we will set up a couple tents outside where our members and kids can dress up and hand out candy.
Inside we will have a focus on providing an opportunity for people to come in and hear about Christ and our church. We will again have soups, coffee and hot chocolate inside (another great way to serve and love our town). Members of the prayer team will be there to pray/talk with anyone who has a need. We may even have some praise band music going on inside if people want to come in for a while!
We want to be in and among the people, loving them at every opportunity like Jesus (John 17: 15-18) but also keep for the church a certain degree of separation from the world ( 1 Peter 2:9).
- Have you joined a Home Group at The Grove? If you have never attended one of The Grove’s home groups, you are missing out! Home groups are the absolute best way to get to know others in a relaxed, family-like atmosphere and build relationships. Groups meet on different evenings at different homes, and several still have openings to help you get “plugged in” with like-minded Christians! Let us know if you need help connecting with one.
The Grove Church Office: Hours are Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., and we can now be reached during those hours at 828/520-1200.
Sunday’s Sermon is live on facebook and YouTube.
Did you know?
Every time you drink coffee at the grove you are supporting missions? Hope Coffee is direct trade coffee that provides safe shelter, clean water and education in Honduras, Mexico and Guatemala. Drink Coffee. Change Lives. See there website here: Hope Coffee